XFINITY® PRESENTS: THE 2014 ULTIMATE SPORTS SOCIAL MEDIA JOB CONTEST
No purchase necessary to ENTER, PLAY OR WIN. This is not a game of chance. applicant must be a legal adult 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER to enter. void where prohibited or restricted by Law.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Any individual entering (“Applicant”) the XFINITY® Presents: The 2014 Ultimate Sports Social Media Job Contest, (the “Contest”),must be legally an adult in state of residence and 18 years of age or older at time of application. Applicant must be a resident of and physically located in the fifty (50) United States (includes District of Columbia). Employees of Comcast® Cable Communications Management, LLC (“Comcast” or “Sponsor”) and GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”) and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, sales representatives, agencies, retailers, wholesalers, distributors, and promotional and other vendor agencies involved in the Contest (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are NOT eligible to apply or win; nor are the immediate family members (parent, spouse, child, sibling) of such employees as well as members of the immediate household of such employees, whether or not related. Current and former professional actors and broadcasters (as determined by Sponsor) are not eligible to apply. Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. TASKS: The eight (8) Tasks and associated criteria are listed below in the Tasks section. To be evaluated as part of each Applicant’s submission, each Task must be completed by 11:59 p.m. ET on June 25, 2014. Any Tasks that are not completed as of 11:59 p.m. ET on June 25, 2014 will not be considered. All Tasks, with the exception of Task 8 (see below) are to be completed via Twitter. Each Task may only be completed one (1) time per Applicant. Tasks completed in excess of stated limitations will not be evaluated. Visit www.twitter.com and login to your account. If you do not have a Twitter account you may sign-up for free by visiting www.twitter.com and following the enrollment instructions. To participate, Applicants must have their account settings set to “unprotected” or “public”. Each tweet must be public (not protected), include the hash tag: #XFINITYDreamJob and conform to Twitter’s (140) character limitation. Anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be ineligible. All Entries must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at www.twitter.com.
1. Follow @XFINITYSports:
a. Applicants must visit https://twitter.com/xfinitysports or, from your Twitter home page, click on the "Find People" tab and perform a search for "XFINITY Sports" to locate the XFINITY Sports Twitter handle (“@XFINITYSports”). Then, click on the "Follow" button to follow @XFINITYSports.
2. Vine video:
a. Using the official contest hashtag #XFINITYDreamJob, Applicants must develop and tweet one (1) original video using Twitter’s Vine :06 video platform that creatively showcases their love for sports. The video must depict and clearly demonstrate how and why the Applicant is a passionate sports fan. The video can feature the participating Applicant, but it is not mandatory. No other person should be included in the video. The tweet may also include a description with the Vine video.
3. Influencer Twitter Chat:
a. Using the official Contest hashtag #XFINITYDreamJob, Applicants must develop and tweet three (3) participatory questions/statements during one (1) pre-determined Twitter chat hosted by @XFINITYSports and its partners (each a “Influencer Twitter Chat”).
b. During an Influencer Twitter Chat, Applicants must craft appropriate, timely and relevant tweets. Tweets should position each Applicant as a thought leader and demonstrate his or her knowledge specific to the sports topic and partner.
c. During the Submission Period, there will be a minimum of three (3) Influencer Twitter Chats for Applicant participation. Times, dates, and number of Influencer Twitter Chats to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and the list of Influencer Twitter Chats will be available on www.XfinityDreamJob.com.
4. Drive Tune-in:
a. Using the official Contest hashtag #XFINITYDreamJob, Applicants must craft and publish (1) one tweet that specifically prompts and promotes a live sporting event or game, as determined by the Sponsor, that is available to stream on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/microsite/sports.
b. Task may be completed before or during the event, and must include a live link to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/microsite/sports, in addition to any pertinent in-game information, hashtags and/or twitter handles that would further drive interest and awareness.
5. How do you watch?
a. Using the official Contest hashtag #XFINITYDreamJob, Applicants must develop and tweet an original photo creatively demonstrating how they use technology to watch live sports.
b. The photo can feature the participating applicant but it is not mandatory. No other person should be included in the photo.
6. Cover a game:
a. Using the official Contest hashtag #XFINITYDreamJob, Applicants must develop and publish three (3) tweets that showcase unique, in-game commentary about one (1) game available for viewing on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/microsite/sports,during the Submission Period, as determined by the Sponsor. Content within the (3) tweets should all provide different, unique and specific game insights as they happen.
b. The Task must be completed during the time between two (2) hours prior to the games’ scheduled start time and two (2) hours following the games’ conclusion. Games for Contest use are listed on http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/microsite/sports.
7. Day in the Life:
a. Within one full and consecutive 24-hour period, of the Applicant’s choosing, within the Submission Period, using the official Contest hashtag #XFINITYDreamJob, Applicants must develop and tweet up to ten (10) original tweets that best depict 1) how the Applicant uses technology to consume sports news and topical sports culture, 2) how to manage and watch multiple games at the same time, and 3) how effectively the Applicant starts, and participates in, sports relevant conversations with others on Twitter.
b. The ten (10) total tweets assigned to this task can include text-only tweets, original photos and original Vine video submissions that clearly demonstrate how and why the Applicant is a passionate sports fan. Submissions may also include a description of the video within any of the submitted Vine videos
c. The photo can feature the participating applicant, but it is not mandatory. No other person should be included within the ten (10) total tweets for this task.
8. Upload your resume:
a. Applicants must submit their current resume by visiting www.XfinityDreamJob.com, and navigating to the resume upload section of the page.
4. ADDITIONAL CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSION: Submission should not include any individuals other than the applicant and should not display or include any trademarked, copyrighted, proprietary and/or brand names, logos, images or objects. Submission should not defame or invade the rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any third party’s personal, proprietary or intellectual rights. Submission must be consistent with the Sponsor’s brand reputation in the marketplace and must be suitable for audiences of all ages. Submission should not include the following: commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos; unauthorized trademarks and copyrighted material (e.g., music, celebrity references, etc.). Submission should not include or involve any of the following: music, obscenity, crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols; gang signs or symbols; violence, explicit sexual activity; nudity; Illegal drug or alcohol use; license plates, phone numbers, personal addresses (physical or email or otherwise); website or web page links, other than as directed in Section 3; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups or humiliate other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others; trespass or the violation of other people’s rights or property; Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress). Submissions containing prohibited content or otherwise in violation of these Official Contest Rules, or containing any other content, display, materials and/or images that are or could be considered infringing of third party intellectual property rights, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will be disqualified. Submissions that exceed specified length or size limits will be disqualified. Submissions that do not meet the stated criteria above, or entries that (in the Sponsor’s sole discretion) may technically meet the stated criteria but do not reflect the intent and the spirit of the provisions related to participation, are not eligible and will be disqualified by the Sponsor.
5. JUDGING CRITERIA/ FINALIST SELECTION: This is not a game of chance. Submissions will be evaluated based on the quality of the completed Tasks. Tasks that are not completed will not be considered. Submissions, including all completed Tasks, will be judged on a 100-point scale on the following criteria, as they apply to each task: breadth and depth of sports knowledge and experience in the sports industry creative demonstration and integration of social media platforms, skills, and expertise unique communication style and wit, including use of original material and strong personality. No entrant will receive more than 100 points total. All Submissions will be judged by GMR, an independent judging organization. Up to ten (10) Submissions will be selected, by receiving the highest scores, as potential Finalists (“Finalist(s)”). In the event of a tie, the Submissions involved in such tie will be re-judged by an additional judge designated by the Sponsor, who will select a potential Finalist that best reflects all criteria as a whole. Sponsor reserves the right to advance fewer than ten (10) Submissions to the Grand Prize Judging and Selection, as outlined in section 7, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of Submissions and qualified applications.
6. DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION OF FINALISTS: Up to ten (10) potential Finalists selected by the judging panel will be notified on or about July 7, 2014 by phone, e-mail, and/or express mail to the e-mail address, mailing address, and/or telephone number listed on the Official Online Application Form. Potential Finalist must provide proof to Sponsor’s satisfaction of his/her eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age residence, and identity. Potential Finalist will be asked to complete, sign and return within three (3) calendar days of date of receipt some or all of the following as requested by Sponsor: (a) a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility; (b) a notarized Release of Liability which among other things, releases Released Parties, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize or any portion thereof; (c) an Assignment of Rights consistent with the provisions of these Official Contest Rules; (d) a Publicity Release, which among other things, grants Released Parties and their respective designees the right to use his/her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation consistent with the provisions of these Official Contest Rules; (e) permission for a criminal background check or verification of identity and eligibility;(g) required tax documents; (h) one (1) photograph of him/herself and (f) any other similar documentation considered reasonably necessary under the circumstances in Sponsor’s sole discretion (collectively the “Documents”). Failure to complete the Documents as required may result in potential Finalist’s disqualification, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and selection of an alternate potential Finalist based on the next highest judging score or vote total.
Finalist must be able to travel on July 23, 2014 through July 31, 2014 or on other dates as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Failure of a designated Finalist to participate in the travel event will result in that Finalist’s disqualification and selection of an alternate Finalist, time and circumstances permitting.
In addition, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify a potential Finalist for any of the following reasons: (a) non-compliance with these Official Contest Rules; (b) in the event that a Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable; (c) a criminal background check or other information indicating a history or trait considered by Sponsor to be unacceptable in a Finalist or Grand Prize winner in this Contest; (d) information showing that the Submission was defective or failed to comply with these Official Contest Rules. No substitution of any prizes or cash equivalent, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. GRAND PRIZE JUDGING AND SELECTION: On a date designated by Sponsor between July 23, 2014 and July 31, 2014 up to ten (10) Finalists will be required as part of the Contest to travel to Philadelphia, PA for a panel job interview to evaluate the Finalists’ potential to be the XFINITY Sports Reporter. All materials provided by the Finalist in connection with the Contest, including Submission and panel job interview responses, will be taken into consideration during the evaluation. The Finalist with the greatest potential to be the next XFINITY Sports Reporter, as determined by the judges selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, will be selected as the potential Grand Prize winner subject to confirmation of eligibility and provided that the Finalist with the highest point total may be eliminated, in the judges’ or Comcast’s sole discretion (i) if the Finalist for any reason is deemed not consistent with Comcast’s reputation in the marketplace, including its reputation for quality and integrity, (ii) if the Finalist or his/her Submission and panel job interview responses do not reflect the goals of the Contest, or (iii) if the language or other content of the Finalist’s Submission and panel job interview responses are not suitable for all ages. In the event of a tie in Grand Prize judging, the Finalist Submission and panel job interview responses involved will be re-judged by an additional judge from Comcast who will serve as the tie-breaker and who will evaluate Submission and panel job interview responses according to the same criteria outlined in Section 5 and Section 7. Before the Grand Prize is awarded, the potential Grand Prize winner may be required to undergo additional background check or verification of identity and eligibility, including verification that the winner is not or has not been a professional broadcaster or actor or member of any broadcaster or acting union or guild, or Sponsor may declare the prize forfeited and another potential Grand Prize winner may be chosen based on the criteria described in Section 7.
8. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES:
Up to ten (10) Finalist Prizes: Trip for Finalist only to attend the Finalist interview panel at the Comcast Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on July 23, 2014 through July 31, 2014. Trip is for Finalist only to attend Finalist interview panel. Prize includes: Round trip coach class air transportation (or ground transportation/payment, at Sponsor’s discretion, if Finalist is sufficiently close to event), two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations, and one (1) $100 bank gift card to be used for meals, ground transportation, and incidentals. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Finalist Prize is $1,700.
One (1) Grand Prize: Ultimate Sports Media Job awarded in the form of a one (1) year agreement as described in the “Grand Prize Personal Services Agreement” in section 9. Estimated value: $40,000. Grand Prize winner will be required to relocate to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, or other Comcast serviceable location as determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the Grand Prize winner chooses to relocate to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a monthly $2,000 stipend will be provided for one (1) year, intended for use towards living accommodations to be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If the Grand Prize winner chooses to relocate to a Comcast serviceable location outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or reside at their current location in a Comcast serviceable area, a monthly $2,000 stipend will not be offered by the Sponsor. Grand Prize winner will receive electronics, furniture, and appliances selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor for use while acting as the Ultimate Sports Social Media Reporter. Grand Prize winner will also receive a credit of up to $4,200 for use toward up to twelve (12) months of Comcast/XFINITY television, internet, and phone services, as solely determined by Sponsor and in accordance with Comcast’s standard service terms and conditions. The ARV of the Grand Prize is between $44,200 and $68,200 depending on relocation election as determined by the Grand Prize winner.
Total Approximate Retail Value of all prizes awarded during the Contest is between $61,200 and $85,200.
The actual value of the Finalist prizes may vary based on trip locations and point of departure and any difference between the stated value and actual value will not be awarded. All federal, state, local taxes and fees are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes consist only of items specifically listed as part of the Prize. Certain conditions and restrictions apply. Prizes are nontransferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any substitution will be for the same approximate retail value as the stated prize. For prizes with an ARV over $600, an IRS Form 1099-MISC will be issued showing the ARV as taxable income to the winner; and winner will be asked to provide SSN or taxpayer identification for use in preparing that Form or prize cannot be awarded and an alternate winner will be chosen.
9. GRAND PRIZE PERSONAL SERVICES AGREEMENT/PRIZE DOCUMENTS: As a condition of prize award, the Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign, and return as instructed a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility; a notarized Release of Liability which among other things, releases Released Parties, from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Contest or the use/misuse or acceptance of a Prize or any portion thereof; and to negotiate and execute a one-year Personal Services Agreement (“PSA”), service contract or similar agreement with Sponsor or alternate Grand Prize winner may be chosen. Such agreement will set forth the terms of the relationship between the Grand Prize winner and Sponsor, including compensation, obligations of the parties, termination provisions, and other customary terms and conditions. Grand Prize winner shall be viewed as an independent contractor and nothing contained in the PSA shall be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture or employment relationship. The PSA is expected to require the winner to be available as required by Comcast. In the event of a dispute between these Official Contest Rules and the PSA, the PSA will control. Grand Prize winner may be required to relocate to a Comcast serviceable area at the discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor will have no obligation to use the winner’s services or name or likeness in any manner whatsoever. In the event an agreement cannot be reached and/or other required Prize Documents are not returned by a date reasonably specified by Sponsor, the designated Grand Prize winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among the remaining Finalists. Notwithstanding any of the above, Sponsor’s sole obligation to the Grand Prize winner is to award compensation in the designated amount, and Sponsor has no obligation to enter into an PSA with Grand Prize winner or make use of Grand Prize winner’s services or provide appearances.
10. ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS: By applying, Applicants grant to Sponsor a royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable right to exploit the content of his/her Submission in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity for editorial, educational, promotional, publicity, advertising or any other purpose on behalf of Sponsor or its affiliates, respective licensees and assigns, partners or media without further compensation unless specifically prohibited and applicant explicitly acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor reserves the right to publish any or all content of Submission, with or without first and last name credit to the applicant; and Submissions that attempt to restrict this right will not be considered. Additionally, Finalists agree that Sponsor will be the sole and exclusive owner of all rights, title and interest in all ideas, concepts, expressions, information, material and works of authorship prepared in connection with Finalists’ responsibilities, whether conceived or made by Finalists alone or in conjunction with or at the direction of Sponsor. Finalists hereby irrevocably assign to Sponsor, its successors and assigns, any and all rights, title and interest that Finalists may have in any of the materials prepared in connection with Finalists responsibilities, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trade secrets, patents, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, whether now known or hereafter to become known, for the respective maximum terms of protection available throughout the world. Finalists and Grand Prize winner shall execute at Sponsor’s request such assignments and other documents as may be necessary to confirm or enact this assignment or any grant of rights set forth herein.
11. ADDITIONAL TERMS: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of being conducted as planned, including but not limited due to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, disruptions caused by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause that corrupts, affects or compromises the administration, security, fairness, integrity, proper conduct or intended play of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the potential winners from among all eligible, non-suspect applications received up to that time. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any individual whom Sponsor or GMR deems responsible for or related to actual or attempted disruption of or interference with the Contest or its intended operation. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications failure, theft, lost, failed, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, applications, likes, or votes, including any erroneous appearance of qualification for a prize. In no case will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or Internet Service Provider (ISP), computer equipment, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, software, failure of any e-mail or application to be received by Sponsor due to technical problem or traffic, congestion on the internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Applications or votes generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means or by any means which subvert the application process are ineligible and will be disqualified, as will any Applicants involved or benefitting therefrom. All applications must include a valid e-mail address for the applicant. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning application will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of the application. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the person to whom the applicable Internet service provider or other organization (such as business or educational institution) has assigned the e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
12. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By applying, applicant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Contest and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Contest, interpretation of the Official Rules or awarding of a prize shall be resolved by Sponsor or GMR whose decision shall be binding and final. By applying, applicant agrees to release and hold harmless Released Parties and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, service agencies, independent contractors, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of any of the above organizations from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, or participation in any Contest-related activity. By applying, applicant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the applicant’s Official Online Application Form by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Contest, the disqualification or elimination of any votes accumulated for any reason, or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In no case will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded. All applications are the property of Sponsor and are not returnable.
13. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the Finalists and Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by October 7, 2014 to: Xfinity® Presents: The 2014 Ultimate Sports Social Media Job Contest Winners’ List, Attn: Promotions Department, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
Sponsored by Comcast® Cable Communications Management LLC, 1 Comcast Center, 1701 JFK Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19103-2838. Contest is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.