MLS ALL-STAR SWEEPSTAKES BY AT&T THANKS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF FLORIDA, GEORGIA, AND ALABAMA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN FLORIDA, GEORGIA, AND ALABAMA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND NOT LOCATED IN FLORIDA, GEORGIA, AND ALABAMA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. PLEASE READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES CAREFULLY AS THE OFFICIAL RULES REQUIRE THAT ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS SWEEPSTAKES BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
- ELIGIBILITY: MLS All-Star Sweepstakesby AT&T THANKS (the “Sweepstakes”) is open and offered only (i) as of July 19, 2019, an existing AT&T postpaid wireless customer (excludes data-only plans), DIRECTV (excludes DIRECTV NOW), U-verse TV or an AT&T Internet customer (excludes DSL, Fixed Wireless Broadband, and dial-up services) with an account in ‘good-standing’ as determined by AT&T in its sole discretion and that participates in the AT&T THANKS programat the time of entry and, (ii) a legal resident of Florida, Georgia or Alabama who is 21 years of age or older. Employees, agents and directors of AT&T Mobility LLC (“AT&T” or “Sponsor”), The Story House (“Administrator”), and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, and Web masters and Web suppliers (and each of their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members (children, spouse, parents, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and individuals residing in the same household of each, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate. Void outside of Florida, in Puerto Rico, and where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will begin at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 20, 2019 and end at 3:00 p.m. ET on July 25, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter you must (1) create a new account or use an existing account on www.twitter.com (“Twitter”); (2) follow the @ATTTHANKS Twitter handle at www.twitter.com/attthanks; and (3) retweet one (1) of the Sponsor’s designated MLS All-Star Sweepstakes promotional Tweets containing “#ATTThanks” “#Sweepstakes” during the Sweepstakes Period (a “Retweet” or “Entry”). Retweets must be in the EXACT form as the original Tweet to be eligible to receive an entry in the applicable random drawing. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/AUTHORIZED TWITTER ACCOUNT HOLDER DURING THE SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD.
Note: If you send your Entry from and/or post updates to or receive updates from Twitter from your wireless phone, your wireless-service provider may charge you standard data and text message charges. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding your plan’s pricing.
Any attempt at email or other Internet entry is void. Any attempt by any person to submit more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different accounts or any other methods will void that person’s Entry/Entries and that person will be disqualified. The use of automated devices to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited. The Released Parties (as defined in rule 8) assume no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become the Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
4. ENTRY CONTENT CRITERIA:
- Twitter posts must conform to the following:
- Must be retweet of original @ATTTHANKS MLS All-Star Sweepstakes promotional Tweet containing “#ATTThanks” “#Sweepstakes”;
· Must be in English, except for commonly understood foreign words; Twitter posts must not exceed 280 characters;
· Must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
· Must be non-confidential and has been legally created (i.e., does not violate any laws or regulations in the making of the Entry);
· Must be suitable for publication in a public forum (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion);
· Must not disparage Sponsor, Administrator or any other person or party affiliated with the promotion and administration of this Sweepstakes;
· Must not in any way mention, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or trademark of any entity, individual, product or brand other than those of Sponsor;
· Must not include personally identifiable information;
· Must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (as determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion);
· Must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status or age (as determined by Sponsor at Sponsor’s sole discretion);
· Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way; and
· Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where entry is created.
Proof of submitting an Entry will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries will not be judged. Once an Entry is submitted, you may not edit the Entry or resubmit your Entry with edits. All Entries will be reviewed for compliance with these Official Rules. No correspondence regarding the screening or verification of Entries will be undertaken by Sponsor. Entries that do not meet the above Content Criteria may be disqualified and not eligible for the Sweepstakes. Entries received after the Sweepstakes Period deadline, and/or Entries that contain prohibited content, obscene, offensive, or any language communicating messages inconsistent with the positive images to which Sponsor wishes to associate, and/or are otherwise deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be void. If you choose to participate using your mobile phone on your carrier’s network (as opposed to on a Wi-Fi network), standard data fees may apply. Check with your wireless provider for pricing plan details.
- REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY AND INDEMNIFICATION: By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that you will indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties (as defined in rule 8)from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of your representations and warranties herein, your Entry, or your conduct in creating your Entry or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes.
- DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION OF PRIZE WINNERS: The potential Grand Prize winners (the “Grand Prize Winners”) will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, on or about July 26, 2019 in accordance with these Official Rules on Sponsor’s behalf by the Administrator, an independent organization. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Limit one (1) prize per person. Potential Grand Prize Winners will be notified via one (1) direct message to the Twitter account they used to enter within approximately one (1) business day following the random drawing. The direct message will include instructions explaining how potential Grand Prize Winners must claim their prizes. Potential Grand Prize Winners must respond via Twitter within 24 hours of notification with their first and last name, daytime phone number, street address, city, state and zip code. If a potential Grand Prize winner does not respond to the notification within 24 hours of attempted notification, the prize will be forfeited, and a potential Grand Prize alternate winner will be selected from the non-winning entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period, time permitting. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Two (2) additional attempts will be made to award prizes to potential Grand Prize alternate winners, time permitting. If a prize remains unclaimed after these attempts, the unclaimed prize will NOT be awarded. Potential Grand Prize alternate winners will be selected and notified in the same manner and under the same conditions outlined above.The Grand Prizes may be available for winners to claim at Will Call at the Exploria Stadium in Orlando, Florida.
- PRIZES & APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Five (5) Grand Prizes: Each Grand Prize consists of two (2) tickets to the MLS All-Star Game on July 31, 2019 at 7:30 p.m. EST at Exploria Stadium, 655 West Church Street, Orlando, Florida 32805. The ARV of each Grand prize is $300. The total ARV of all prizes combined: $1500. Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer prize, or redeem prize for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Prize consists of only the item specifically listed. Prize is subject to Sponsor’s terms and conditions. Prize will not be shipped. Winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes, insurance, expenses not set forth herein and other expenses which may be required for the enjoyment and use of the respective prize. Winner will be responsible for all transportation expenses to and from the event and any lodging.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Released Parties and Twitter are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, damaged, destroyed, inaccurate, delayed, incomplete, unintelligible, non-delivered, misdirected, stolen Entries; or for incomplete, inaccurate, lost, interrupted or unavailable network, satellite, telephone networks or lines, cellular towers or equipment (including handsets), computer online systems, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs, servers or providers, or other connections, availability or accessibility; or for unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; or miscommunications, failed computer, telephone, cellular, satellite, or cable transmissions, lines or other technical failure; or for jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or for any other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical, electronic or network, including, without limitation, any errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Sweepstakes, as solely determined by the Sponsor, will be disqualified (and all associated entries will be void), and Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such Entrant’s eligibility to participate in this or any other promotion offered by Sponsor. Entries generated by robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process will be disqualified. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from Instagram or Twitter. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes, and select winner for the drawing from all non-suspect, eligible Entries received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Without limiting the release provided above, and for greater certainty, Released Parties will not be liable for (a) any incomplete or inaccurate information, whether caused by wireless device users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries; (b) the theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (c) any problems with or technical malfunctions of telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, viruses or bugs; (d) any failure of any message to be received by or from Sponsor for any reason including but not limited to traffic congestion on the Internet or wireless waves or at any Web site or combination thereof; or (e) damage to a participant’s or other person’s system or equipment occasioned by participation in this Sweepstakes. Should multiple users of the same Twitter account enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of said Twitter account at the time of entry will be considered the Entrant. “Authorized account holder” of a Twitter account is defined as the natural person who is assigned an account by Twitter or another organization which is responsible for assigning Twitter accounts or the domain associated with the submitted Twitter account.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF TWITTER OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM TWITTER OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON TWITTER IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- GOVERNING LAW: Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant, and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the state of Georgia without regard to conflicts of law. Entrant (i) agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes will be in state or federal courts located in Georgia and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue; (ii) consents to resolve any such claims individually and without resort to class action; and (iii) agrees that all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees or punitive, incidental, consequential, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
- REQUEST FOR NAMES OF PRIZE WINNERS AND OFFICIAL RULES: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Grand Prize Winners (first name and state) must be made by September 26, 2019. For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules: (i) send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “MLS All-Star Sweepstakes By AT&T THANKS”, P.O. Box 511340, New Berlin, WI 53151; and (ii) write, as applicable, “Winners’ List” and/or “Official Rules” on the lower left-hand corner of the envelope.
- SPONSOR: AT&T Mobility LLC, 1025 Lenox Park Blvd., NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30319.
- ADMINISTRATOR: The Story House,12777 West Jefferson Boulevard, Building C, Playa Vista, CA 90066.