MICROSOFT “AGE OF EMPIRES” SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS SPONSORED IN THE UNITED STATES AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU CONSENT TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THE COURTS OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR ANY DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
By entering the Microsoft “Age of Empires” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) you (or, if you are a minor/not the age of majority in your place of residence, your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agree to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules.
1) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who are the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, and legal residents of Germany, the United Kingdom (“UK”) and United States who are 18 years of age or older and are Age of Empires Insider members at the time of entry. If you are 18 years of age or older, but are considered a minor/not the age of majority in your place of residence, you must have the permission and consent of your parent or legal guardian to participate in this Sweepstakes. Employees of Microsoft Corporation (“Microsoft”) (“Sponsor”), GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”), prize supplier, and any promotion or other vendor agency involved in this Sweepstakes (and any other person engaged to work on this promotional program) and each of the above’s respective affiliates, parent companies and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the household and immediate family members (defined for the purposes of this Sweepstakes as a parent, spouse, child, and sibling) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. Void in Quebec and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2) TIMING: This Sweepstakes begins at 9:25 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PT”) on April 10, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on April 24, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3) HOW TO ENTER: To enter you must (1) navigate to the Age of Empires official website at www.ageofempires.com on an internet-enabled device and sign up for a free Insider membership if you are not already a member; (2) click on the “Enter Sweepstakes” button and complete the Official Online Entry Form with your first name, last name, and the email address associated with your Insiders membership, select your country of residence, verify your eligibility, and accept the Official Rules and Microsoft’s Privacy Statement, and (3) click “Submit” during the Sweepstakes Period.
a) Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person/authorized email account holder. The use of automated devices to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. All entries become Microsoft’s property and will not be returned.
4) WINNER SELECTION/PRIZES: On or about April 26, 2021, GMR will randomly select one (1) potential Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All random drawings will be conducted in New Berlin, Wisconsin, United States under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
a) One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) custom-skinned “Age of Empires” Alienware Aurora R11 Desktop PC; one (1) Alienware wired/wireless optical gaming mouse; one (1) Alienware RGB mechanical gaming keyboard, one (1) Alienware 7.1 Gaming headset; and one (1) Alienware 25 Gaming monitor (collectively, the “PC”) (PC model, features, design, and all other aspects of the PC are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2,000 USD.
b) ARV of all prizes combined: $2,000 USD.
Prize is not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. Any and all taxes related to a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner and Sponsor will comply with U.S. tax reporting requirements. The winner is advised to seek independent counsel regarding the tax implications of accepting a prize. All other expenses not specified as part of prize description are solely the winner’s responsibility.
AWARDS OF PRIZES TO POTENTIAL WINNER MAY BE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO SPONSOR ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY SPONSOR TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL OR OTHER TAX REPORTING LAW OR REGULATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. Refusal by any entrant to submit such documentation or complete any required forms or obligations shall result in such potential winner forfeiting the prize. An alternate potential winner may be randomly selected, time and circumstances permitting.
Prize is awarded “AS IS” with no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability or fitness to a particular purpose.
5) WINNER: The winner will be notified and confirmed as follows:
a) Grand Prize Winner: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email from the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to the email address provided on the potential Grand Prize winner’s entry on or about April 28, 2021. Entrants are advised to add email@example.com to their safe senders list to ensure any email notification is delivered to their inbox. The potential Grand Prize winner will have five (5) calendar days from the date the email notification was deployed to reply via email and provide their responses to the presented eligibility questions and full valid shipping address (no P.O. Boxes accepted) including street address, city, state/province/territory, zip code/postal code and daytime phone number, if applicable, or the Grand Prize will be automatically forfeited and an alternate winner may be randomly selected as the potential Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting.
i) Canadian Winner Confirmation Process: In order for a Canadian resident to be declared the Grand Prize winner, they must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question unaided and without mechanical or other assistance and have complied in full with these Official Rules. The skill-testing question will be administered by email within one hundred twenty (120) hours of initial notification of selection. In addition, in order for a Canadian resident to be declared the Grand Prize winner, they must complete, sign and return the presented U.S. Department of Treasury Internal Revenue Service W-8 BEN form (the “Document”) using the provided pre-paid shipping labelto the shipping vendor within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Document, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
ii) UK or Germany Winner Confirmation Process: In order for a legal resident of the UK or Germany to be declared the Grand Prize winner, they must complete, sign and return the presented U.S. Department of Treasury Internal Revenue Service W-8 BEN form (the “Document”) using the provided pre-paid shipping label to the shipping vendor within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Document, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
iii) United States Winner Confirmation Process: In order for a United States resident to be declared the Grand Prize winner, they must fully execute and return the presented affidavit of eligibility, mutually acceptable liability release, publicity release, and appropriate tax documents (the “Documents”) using the provided pre-paid shipping label to the shipping vendor within seven (7) calendar days of delivery of the Documents, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety.
Potential Grand Prize winner is subject to verification of eligibility including verification of age and/or parental consent and confirmation of Age of Empires Insider membership as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Within three (3) business days after receipt of the executed Documents, Sponsor/GMR will notify the potential Grand Prize winner via email of their winner status. Prize will be shipped to the confirmed winner within eight (8) weeks following the successful completion of the Documents to the addresss associated with the Grand Prize winner’s Documents. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable or failure to accept any prize within the specified time period may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. If notified potential Grand Prize winner is not eligible, forfeits prize, or declines prize, an alternate winner may be randomly selected as the potential Grand Prize winner, time and circumstances permitting. Only up to five (5) alternate potential Grand Prize winners may be notified, time permitting, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded.
b) Prize Fulfillment: The Grand Prize will be shipped within approximately eight (8) weeks following winner confirmation to the address provided by the winner. Return of any prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
For the purposes of these Official Rules, the ARV of any electronic prize is estimated at the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period. The ARV for such prizes is subject to variances and fluctuations in the consumer marketplace between the date the ARV is estimated and the date the prize is awarded; there will be no cash or other compensation awarded for any valuation differences.
c) Publicity Release: Winner further grants to Microsoft and its affiliates the right to use and publish their proper name and country of residence online, in print, and in any other media in connection with the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without notice, review, approval or additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
6) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant (or, if you are a minor/not the age of majority in your place of residence, your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. In particular, it will be mandatory for each entrant to expressly accept these Official Rules and the grant of rights in favor of Sponsor with respect to entrant’s Submission pursuant to the terms indicated in these Official Rules. Additionally entrants must sign and return a written document as requested by Sponsor to perfect such grant, if necessary. By entering, entrant agrees to be notified using the contact information provided in the entrant’s entry or by using the contact information provided by the entrant during prize claim process by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of this Sweepstakes. All U.S. federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due in-whole or in-part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to randomly select the winner(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
7) DISPUTES/GOVERNING LAW: All disputes concerning the Sweepstakes and construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the state of Washington in the United States without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Entrant (i) agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to state of Washington and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue; (ii) consents to resolve any such claims individually and without resort to class action; and (iii) agrees that all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees or punitive, incidental, consequential, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
8) INTERNET: If for any reason the Internet portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes. In any such event, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, will randomly select the winner(s) from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, suspension or cancellation. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile device or gaming console related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
9) USE OF DATA: Any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation applicable in your country of residence and in the country where the data controller is located. Entrants to the Sweepstakes will not be added to any database list. Microsoft’s Privacy Statement located at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=521839 will apply to this Sweepstakes and to all information that we receive from your entry and your participation in this Sweepstakes. Please note that by accepting these Official Rules you are also accepting the terms of the Microsoft Privacy Statement.
Entrants’ data will be used by Microsoft Corporation (One Microsoft Way, Redmond, Washington 98053 United States), by GMR Marketing LLC (5000 S. Towne Drive, New Berlin, Wisconsin 53151 United States), and by any of their representatives or employees for the use and purposes to run the Sweepstakes as provided in these Official Rules.
10) LIABILITY: Microsoft cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party. Participants in this Sweepstakes agree that the Released Parties will have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, costs, damage or disappointment of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in this Sweepstakes. The foregoing shall apply in the event your entry is not received or lost by Microsoft. Nothing in this clause shall limit Microsoft’s liability in respect of death or personal injury arising out of its own negligence or arising out of fraud. The provisions of this Section shall apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
11) OTHER: No correspondence will be entered into regarding either this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute, the Sponsor’s decision shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. The Sponsor reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel, or withdraw this Sweepstakes and to amend these Official Rules at any time without notice.
12) WINNER LIST: In the event you are a prize winner, you hereby grant Microsoft, its affiliates, and GMR the right to publish your proper name and country of residence (“Winner Information”) in online and offline media in connection with this Sweepstakes. The Winner Information will be available for a three-month period from the date of winner’s selection by sending an email with the subject line “Winner List-Microsoft Age of Empires Sweepstakes” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
13) SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, United States.
14) ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151, United States.