IN THE KNOW BEAUTY SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
By entering the In The Know Beauty Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) you (or, if you are an eligible minor in your place of residence, your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agree to abide by all terms and conditions referenced in these Official Rules.
1) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia (“DC”), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. If you are 18 years of age or older but are considered a minor in your place of residence, you must have the permission and consent of your parent or legal guardian to participate in this Sweepstakes. Employees of Oath Inc. (“Verizon Media” or “Sponsor”), GMR Marketing LLC (“GMR”), and any promotion or other vendor agency involved in this Sweepstakes (and any other person engaged to work on this promotional program) and each of the above’s respective parent companies, affiliates (collectively, the “Released Parties”) and the household and immediate family members (defined for the purposes of this Sweepstakes as a parent, spouse, child, and sibling) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. This Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2) TIMING: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 2, 2021 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on April 6, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
a) Entry Limit: Limit one (1) entry per person/authorized email account holder. The use of automated devices to enter this Sweepstakes is prohibited. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for lost, late, or misdirected entries or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur.
4) WINNER SELECTION/PRIZE: On or around April 8, 2021, GMR will randomly select one (1) Grand Prize winner from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted under the supervision of Sponsor, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
One (1) Grand Prize: One (1) Winky Lux gift basket (gift basket items and all aspects of gift basket to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $500.
Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the manufacturer’s terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty or guarantee claim. Certain conditions and restrictions apply.
Prize is not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of prize permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Any and all federal, state, and local taxes related to a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner and Sponsor will comply with all tax reporting requirements. All other expenses not specified as part of prize description are solely the winner’s responsibility.
5) WINNER: The potential winner will be notified and confirmed as follows:
a) Grand Prize Winner: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email from the email address InTheKnow@gmrmarketing.com within two (2) weeks following the drawing to the email address provided by the potential Grand Prize winner at the time of entry. Entrants are advised to add InTheKnow@gmrmarketing.com to their safe senders list to ensure any email notification is delivered to their inbox. The potential Grand Prize winner will have five (5) calendar days from the date the email notification was deployed to reply via email and provide their responses to the presented eligibility questions and their full valid shipping address including their first and last names, street address, city, state, zip code (no P.O. Boxes accepted) and their phone number, or the Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety. If a notified potential Grand Prize winner is not eligible, forfeits prize, or declines prize, an alternate winner may be randomly selected as a potential Grand Prize winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Only up to three (3) alternate potential Grand Prize winners may be notified, time permitting, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
b) Publicity Release: Winner further grants to Sponsor the right to use and publish their proper name online, in print, and in any other media in connection with the Sweepstakes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use winner’s name for advertising and promotional purposes without notice, review, approval or additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
6) ADDITIONAL TERMS: By entering, entrant agrees to accept and abide by the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agrees that any dispute with regard to the conduct of this Sweepstakes, rule interpretation, or award of prize, shall be resolved by Sponsor, whose decision shall be binding and final. By entering, entrant (and, if an eligible minor, their parent or legal guardian agrees to be notified by the Sponsor and/or GMR for the purposes of the administration of this Sweepstakes using the contact information provided by the entrant. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death or property damage due, directly or indirectly to the acceptance, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity, or participation in the Sweepstakes. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, health concern or emergency, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, regulation or recommendation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its discretion, elects to abbreviate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to randomly select the winner(s) from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event. Such winner(s) will be notified via email from GMR using the email address(es) they provided during the entry process.
7) DISPUTES: All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Entrant (i) agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to the State of New York and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue; (ii) consents to resolve any such claims individually and without resort to class action; and (iii) agrees that all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event will attorney’s fees or punitive, incidental, consequential, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses be awarded.
8) INTERNET: If for any reason the Internet portion of this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes. In any such event, Sponsor, at its sole discretion, will randomly select the winner(s) from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, suspension or cancellation. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Entries made by Internet will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
Entrants’ data will be used by Verizon Media (770 N. Broadway, New York, New York, 10003) and by GMR Marketing LLC (5000 S. Towne Drive, New Berlin, Wisconsin 53151), and by any of their representatives or employees for the use and purposes to run the Sweepstakes as provided in these Official Rules. Entrants may have the right to exercise their rights of access and cancelation of their data by sending an email with the subject “Data Access-In The Know Beauty Sweepstakes” to firstname.lastname@example.org and by visiting https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/index.html.
10) WINNERS LIST: The name of the Grand Prize winner will be available via email. To request the winners list for this Sweepstakes, draft an email with the subject line “Winners List-In the Know Beauty Sweepstakes” and send it to InTheKnowSweeps@gmrmarketing.com. This list will be available for at least thirty (30) days after May 19, 2021.
11) SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Oath Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003.
12) ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is administered by GMR Marketing LLC, 5000 South Towne Drive, New Berlin, WI 53151.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Glow Concept Inc d/b/a Winky Lux